Getting to Know Your Generator Operator Control Panel
Operator Control Panels are included with all diesel generator sets. Engine functions are interfaced with generator functions, allowing for the engine and generator to be controlled by a single component.
Operator Control Panels provide the user with easy to view information and accessible generator set controls and alarm and monitoring. Many suppliers also offer options to panels such as AC metering and alphanumeric displays.
Diesel Generator Components and Configurations
There are many components available for generator setup and configuration. Systems can be basic, such as residential backup configurations, or complex, to include remote monitoring and networking. Below is an example of a basic system’s components.
- Generator Set – Comprised of engine and generator and houses operator control panel.
- Operator Control Panel – Communicates with automatic transfer switch (for starting signal). Controls start, run and monitor activities for engine and generator.
- Automatic Transfer Switch – Monitors power at switch panel. When a significant drop or loss of power occurs, the automatic transfer switch signals the operator control panel on the generator set to start the engine.
- Switch Panels – Distribute power to various circuits.
What happens when there is a loss of power?
The best way to make sure the lights stay on when the power goes out is to install a backup diesel generator for your home or workplace. When main power is lost the following events occur:
- Automatic transfer switch signals the generator set operator control panel to start.
- Operator control panel starts the generator set and monitors engine and generator functions.
- Generator supplies power to switch panels. Emergency power is distributed as designed.
- When main power is available, automatic transfer switch disconnects the generator set and connects to the main power grid.
- Operator control panel controls the engine run time to allow for cool down.
Set yourself up to have continuous power
At PowerLink we provide our customers with a wide range of diesel generators which are suitable for homes and businesses. All diesel gensets sold by PowerLink come with a 1 year warranty.
Contact us using the details below to speak to one of our technical specialists who can guide you to select the best options for your home and workplace.
Contact Number: +44 1977 689100
Speak To A
Member Of Our Team
Whether you’re a distributor looking to bulk buy, or a contractor for project based units, or an end user – we may be able to help!
Get in touch with our team to find out more.